[Review] HERA UV Mist Cushion SPF 50+ No.21 Cool Vanilla Cover
- 10 thumbs up for it’s natural finish and airy lightweight formula
- Adheres strongly and feels like second skin
- Tried on my face and applied 3 layers. I find it buildable compared to Laneige, IOPE and Etude House cushions. They usually caked up and turn overly “white” on the second application. But that’s not the case for HERA UV Mist cushion
- The coverage is medium for dark acne scars, however, my overall complexion exudes that healthy glow that is not too pale or ghostly white
- It balances the matte and dewy look which results in a healthy natural & flawless skin tone
- Most importantly, it IS sweat proof as it claims. I was at an outdoor setting for dinner yesterday, and started to sweat after 10 minutes. Very anxious that my makeup will melt off and white liquid appearing along my laugh lines, eye bag creases, etc. This happens frequently when I’m using Laneige , IOPE and Etude House Cushion. I really hate seeing white sweat beads purging from my pores (especially on my upper lips, chin and cheeks) plus white heads coming out at the tip of my nose . It looks disgusting, messy, dirty and embarrassing. I kept checking my makeup in the mirror and it looks fine. Woohoo~! I’m extremely impressed with HERA’S sweat proof function. Although I still see the sweat droplets up close, it wasn’t that obvious- as foundation did not melt causing sweat to turn white.
- I gently dabbed my face using my fingers. The makeup still looks fresh and natural without any smudge or blotchy-ness.
- No caking and dryness after 6 hours
- Again, 10 thumbs up up up.
EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED~! Minus 6 thumbs up 😦
It worked really well when I first used it. Probably the weather wasn’t warm enough for me to sweat profusely. The pics below are results of me walking 5 minutes outdoor and about 5 minutes waiting time to purchase a takeaway lunch. I thought I was really pretty as passersby and restaurant guest were staring at me. Like more than 5 seconds eye contact at my lovely face. I was flustered and secretly thought Hera’s UV Mist cushion must be the best cushion ever that made me looked flawless. Lo and behold! A shocking wave of embarrassment hit me when I looked into the mirror.
Obviously, it isn’t extremely sweat proof compared to my first impressions! Minor indoor humid sweat ok, outdoor sweat under the sun NOT OK. The aftereffects are similar to other cushion foundations that melted under the great sun. 😦
I guess no makeup can be completely sweat proof especially with the humid and sunny weather in Malaysia. Overall, the texture, color match, coverage and layering build-ability remains the same. I might try the sunblock balm technique for waterproof makeup in future. LoLz 😦 😦 😦 x 1000 😥